TERRY CONNERS SUMMER CAMP - POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
CAMP GUIDELINES DUE TO COVID-19
Safety & Health Measures
Our No. 1 priority is to keep our participants, guests, tenants, and staff healthy while providing exceptional on-ice programming. To do this, we are taking many steps to keep everyone safe.
- Terry Conners Camp is registered and certified through the State of CT for reopen
- Do not enter Terry Conners Rink, if you’re feeling or showing symptoms of any communicable disease.
- Parents will be required to drop off and pick up campers at front rink entrance door. Parents should not be coming into the building unnecessarily.
- Our experienced maintenance department has established rigorous cleaning standards with CDC approved chemicals.
- Hand sanitizing stations have been installed throughout the facility.
Additional items that improve your customer experience:
- CAMPERS SHOULD NOT BE DROPPED OFF MORE THAN 10 MINUTES EARLY TO CAMP.
- Campers must use only their own, clearly identified, water bottle, and equipment.
- If your child needs skate rentals they will be used by only them and sanitized at the end of the week.
- Campers will be split up on the ice to have smaller groups.
- We will be utilizing all our locker rooms so we don’t have too many kids in one room.
- Lunch will be in shifts to minimize number of campers in each group.
Additional measures we are taking with our employees:
- Staff have been trained on CDC suggested cleaning methods and how to handle potential Covid-19 exposure in the facility
Hello Parents and Campers, summer is almost here! Hopefully you are considering enrolling your child in our summer camp program. We will stay cool this summer, as well as learn new skills, make new friends and most of all, have FUN!
Here is a check list and some reminders / updates for your child's summer skating experience
- All emergency phone numbers, contacts, registration form and allergy info must be handed in before the start of camp
- Parent/guardian must sign out your child each day; you must notify office or camp director any exceptions.
- Helmets are a must for all beginners and for anyone 8 years old and under.
- We are a Nut Free Camp; please no nuts or nut products for snacks or lunch.
- No Flip Flops or Sandals allowed. Hair pulled back.
- All items, i.e. lunch box, water bottles, and clothing must be labeled with your child's name.
- Bring your skates; if you do not have skates, we will provide them.
- Skaters are on ice numerous times during the day; please air out clothes and equipment at the end of each day.
SOME YOUNG CHILDREN ARE NOT READY TO ATTEND CAMP; THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO FOLLOW SIMPLE DIRECTIONS TO ATTEND, SUCH AS:
- Going to the bathroom when asked.
- Eating snack at snack time.
- Being able to eat lunch in a cafeteria environment with distractions.
- Communicate any needs to the counselors. It is strongly recommended that your child be able to communicate in English with the counselors.
WE WANT YOUR CHILD TO HAVE A FUN, SAFE AND ENJOYABLE EXPERIENCE THIS SUMMER - PLEASE HELP US AND SUPPORT OUR POLICIES
- Campers must have respect for one another and camp staff and TCR employees
- No cell phones, electronic devices, ipods, ipads, tablets, handheld games, etc.
- No fighting (hitting, kicking, spitting, etc.)
- No hands on one another (friendly or unfriendly)
- No name calling
- NO BULLYING - Bulling will not be tolerated
- No running
- No taking of another's items (clothing, lunches, skates, etc.)
- No picking each other up
- No vending machines
If any of these situations occur, parents will be notified by TCR Camp Staff.